New Kyushu Rail Pass
Japan has a network of high speed routes called Shinkansen lines or bullet trains. With a JR East Pass, access 5 Shinkansen super express lines including:
- Tohoku Shinkansen: travel between Tokyo and Hachinohe via Sendai, in as little as 2 hours, 56 minutes.
- Akita Shinkansen: travel from Tokyo to Akita Station via Morioka in 3 hours, 50 minutes.
- Yamagata Shinkansen: travel from Tokyo to Yamagata via Fukushima in 2 hours, 30 minutes, and an additional 45 minutes to reach Shinjo.
- Joetsu Shinkansen: travel between Tokyo and Niigata in 1 hour, 37 minutes.
- Nagano Shinkansen: travel from Tokyo to Nagano as fast as 1 hour, 25 minutes.
And now ACP Rail is introducing the Kyushu Rail Pass, which includes the Kyushu Shinkansen, connecting Yatsushiro with Kagoshima in about 35 minutes. Kyushu is Japan’s third largest island, located southwest of the main island Honshu. With a Kyushu Rail Pass passengers will enjoy travel throughout the Kyushu area or a selected Northern Kyushu area. The All Kyushu Area Rail Pass is available for 3 or 5 consecutive days of travel. The Northern Kyushu Area Rail Pass is available for 3 consecutive days of travel. With the All Kyushu Area Rail Pass, pass holders can travel aboard the Kyushu Shinkansen’s Tsubame, the Sonic, a limited express and Kyushu Railway Co. trains. Visitors will enjoy the many sightseeing destinations such as Beppu’s hot spring resorts, Mt. Aso in Kumamoto Prefecture, and Sakurajima, the active volcano in Kagoshima.